Thursday, December 29, 2011

Ode to Pinterest

I must start this post by confessing the misleading nature of the title seeing that I have no desire to turn this into a "lyric poem that expresses a noble feeling with dignity" (taken from my dictionary), nor do I possess any poetic aspirations at all. I plainly want to express my love for a little website called Pinterest.

I am amazed at how often Pinterest comes up in my converstaions. It may be on the verge of being a little pathetic, but so far I'm not ashamed. I am making good use of my findings, after all. I think the Pinterest People (that's what I call them) should think about paying me for all the advertising I do for them. I honestly promote that website multiple times a day.

One thing I truly love about Pinterest is its ability to make me appear more creative than I am in actuality. The first few ideas I pinned and used were highly complimented (who doesn't love an owl cupcake?). For fear of being accused of plagiarism, though, I decided to cite my findings - after all people deserve credit for their ideas. This integrity has slightly backfired for me, however, as my husband now says "Wow! What a great idea. How did you come up with it?" and immediately and knowingly snickers. He knows I no longer have to think for myself. I have decided to stop worrying about plagiarism to protect my ego and appear brilliant. (Side note - my husband is incredibly kind and only teases me lovingly.)

Pinterest is a great tool for getting to know and love people on a different level. For example, I can always go to "J's" pinboards for a good laugh. When I need a good recipe, I know I will find a real food connection with my friend "B." "C" always has fantastic, not to mention darling crafty ideas stored on her boards. I know "H" can hook me up with all sorts of fun educational ideas for my children. Oh, how I love and appreciate all the support I receive from my fellow pinners.

Really, who can blame me for loving Pinterest? Look at everything I gain! Great ideas - a given, but much more. I get "totally meaningful" friendships, pride boosts, and hopefully a little cash in the future if they catch on to the ingenius idea of me being on their "word of mouth" marketing team. :) So, if you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it.

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Oh my dear Pinterest,
How I do love you!
(Maybe I should be a poet after all. You can't beat material like that.)

3 comments:

  1. Lol! Pinterest is my new BFF! I love it and am quite addicted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Pinterest! And you ARE creative, by the way...and a very nice poet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all. You write your posts like a very clever English major. :) Very entertaining.

    Second of all, who doesn't love Pinterest??? It is awesome. I need to get on there soon. My problem is that I have so many ideas floating around in my head I will never get to do them all.

    ReplyDelete