Thursday, March 10, 2011

I'm a Thief

In honor of the wonderful book I finished last night, The Book Thief, I decided to admit that I too am a thief. That's right - I steal things. Not books like the character in the story though. No, I'm not a book thief. I'm an Idea Thief. Notice the italics. Do you think Markus Zusak will want to write his next novel about me. I bet you he does!

Let me explain. Some of my very best ideas are borrowed (sounds so much nicer than stolen) from other brilliant people. You see, I'm not always great at creating ideas from scratch. I think my brain feels too much pressure that way or something. But I am pretty good at carrying out other people's ideas.

For example, I steal most of my crafty project ideas from my friend's craft blog. It's great. You should visit Shenanigans sometime. You'll feel inspired. I know I sure do. So far from that website I have stolen 4 ideas and there are 3 more potential thefts. I am working on the quiet book, I've made a felt rosette, I made a felt flower for my hair, and I bought all the materials for the Modern 3D Wreath. I'm saving a formula can for Bug's future headbands, you better believe that I will be making creepy crawly candy containers for Halloween, and the only reason I don't currently own the Luscious Wreath is because JoAnn was fresh out of heart-shaped wreath forms.

I also steal my recipes - forget making up my own (remember the brain pressure previously mentioned). I like to use (a word that also sounds better than steal) Food For Thought for my recipe ideas. So far this month I have made Better-Than-Olive-Garden Alfredo Sauce, meatballs, and Becky's Chicken Roll-ups. If I wasn't trying to cut back on desserts I would be making her Mint Truffle Cookies instead of blogging right now. They look delectable!

When I taught Second Grade for three years I had a lot of fun lesson plans. I've gotta say, there was some really fun learning taking place. Can I take all the credit? No (although I will claim some credit because teaching is a HARD job). I must turn myself in because the two teachers on my team were full of fabulous ideas as were uen.org and many other great teachers that shared their ideas on the internet. Thank goodness for google is all I have to say!

This is just a portion of the stealing I've done in my life. I love other people's ideas and who can blame me? People come up with some pretty great stuff! Thank you to all of you out there who are willing to share your ideas so that I can take them! I am sending you some of the credit you deserve at this very moment!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I had no idea you even read my recipe blog. I thought I was the only one who did, that's why I never post. I should post more.

    And I steal ideas all the time. You can still make it your own. It's all good.

    Cute craft blog too. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND...why have you not blogged in forever? I like your new layout. It is cute!

    Google and me are like (THIS). We are very close.

    Keep blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete