Wednesday, February 2, 2011

To Be Completed in a Year

Hello all you super-ambitious overachievers! Have you ever made a gigantic to do list that was quite obviously optimistic and hardly achievable? Yep, me too. I make them daily. They usually look like this (a little OCD):

6:00 - Wake up/get ready to work out
6:10 - Run on treadmill
6:55 - Strength training (legs and arms)
7:10 - Shower/get ready (Yes, I only get 15 minutes to do this. Do I ever achieve this? Rarely)
7:25 - Read with my husband
7:40 - Get my daughter (we'll call her Bug)
7:45 - Feed Bug
8:00 - Have my own breakfast, kiss hubby goodbye
8:05 - Clean up breakfast/wipe kitchen counters, sweep, mop, and sanitize (all in 10 minutes)
8:15 - Clean family room and vacuum while entertaining Bug
8:23- Complete a grocery list comprised of only great deals and healthy food. Find the best coupons for every planned purchase - not just any coupon - the BEST!!!
8:30 - Do the grocery shopping, come home, put it away - all with Bug in arms or cart
8:55 - Save the world
9:00 - I think you get the idea...

I am one of those people that wants to accomplish everything in one day, heck, in one hour. Sound familiar??? Probably - we're a common group of people dwelling here on the earth. Sound possible? Nope!

I've been working on calming down, not being such a perfectionist. It will help my sanity, not to mention my husband's. However, I do not want to make that an excuse to get lazy. I still need things to work toward, things to get excited about, things to accomplish. I think we all do. So...I've come up with a list of 25 things to do in a year!!! 25 in a year? That's possible, right?I started this list on January 31, 2011 and the deadline is January 31, 2012. I'm excited! Should be fun. I'll make sure to update my progress. Obviously, being the super-overachiever I am by nature, I didn't make it too easy. It's ambitious, but...doable.

My List
1. Try 10 new recipes
2. Learn 10 songs on the piano
3. Get my violin fixed
4. Relearn my favorite song on the violin
5. Run a half marathon - I've already signed up and am scared out of my mind
6. Write a creative story - HUGE stretch for me
7. Memorize 10 poems/quotes/scriptures
8. Update my family blog 30 or more times
9. Read 20 books, two of which have to be nonfiction (or more)
10. Learn the Queen of the Night aria from The Magic Flute
11. Build up my food storage
12. Clean out and organize my bedroom closet
13. Organize my computer room
14. Decorate the computer room
15. Plant flowers in the front and backyard
16. Record a CD - my dad has really been wanting me to do this. It will just be for my family and friends. I'm not trying to become Taylor Swift or anything.
17. Crochet a hat for my nephew
18. Do something for someone else daily - needs to be outside of my family at least twice a week
19. Complete 5 sewing/crafty projects - cannot include other items on this list such as hat for nephew. This one will be tricky due to the fact that I'm a master at starting project, but horrible at finishing them.
20. Set up my sewing/crafty corner
21. Get family pictures taken
22. Make a quiet book - I'll be doing this with a group of girls and I'm way excited about it!
23. Go on a vacation with my husband - just for fun!
24. Work on learning Portuguese - my husband is fluent
25. Write 10 letters or cards to people and actually MAIL them

So...too ambitious? It think it will be tricky, but possible! Ready...set...here I go!!!

1 comment:

  1. BeHoxer have I ever told you I like people with a little OCD in them!

    ReplyDelete